Tuesday, January 22, 2008

a couple of firsts today....

today has been interesting already. I have had a couple of fun occurrences. First, I got up bright and early and fired up the snow blower to blow off the driveway so my wife could get her little tiny car out and go to work. of course at the end of the driveway, as usual, the plow had piled snow so I figured I would dig a trail to the mailbox so that the mail lady could get the car up close enough so she wouldn't have to get out of the car (a collective awww please..). Well, as I happily plowed through throwing huge tubes of wet snow onto the sidewalk, the snow blower seized with a thunk. Hmmm out of gas? nope, further inspection revealed that I had run over the Sunday copy of the Pennasee Globe newspaper and it was all jammed up in the 2nd stage. After yanking for about 20 minutes, it came out but I was almost ready to give up and call the snow blower repair man which is Sears and you know how that would have gone.
Next, Ephram was playing in his room before lunch and I asked him to come in for lunch and to specifically not pull all of the books off his bookshelf again. You can guess what he did. I was quite po'ed and pretty much yelled at him. not one of my better moments. so a few minutes later on the changing table he said he was sorry he made a mess. i told him that it was ok and that I shouldn't have raised my voice at him. he corrected me and said "you yelled at me daddy". I said "you're right and I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry". He then said "i guess you get to go to the corner and have a time out" I thought for a second and figured, "you know what, he's right" and went and had my first daddy time out. I did not stay there for minutes to age like some books recommend but did it none the less. interesting fun.
I have been stuck in the house going on the second day. Today i rearranged all of the kitchen cabinets and packed up a bunch of glasses that we dint use. please stop snowing.
out.

No comments: